ISCC -International Sustainability Carbon Certification ISO 14001 OHSAS 18001 FABRA Health & Safety Policy Environmental Policy CIWM Sustainability Regulatory - Animal Health Modern Slavery Policy
John Pointon and Sons Achieve International Sustainability Carbon Certification
John Pointon and Sons are delighted to announce that we are one of the first animal rendering and food waste recycling companies in the United Kingdom to attain the global accreditation for ISCC (International Sustainability Carbon Certification), a standard for certification of sustainable biomass and biofuels.
ISCC focuses on greenhouse gas reduction through the value chain, sustainable land use, protection of natural habitats and social sustainability for the feedstock production. Based on the EU RED Directive ISCC requires a minimum GHG emissions saving of 35% (rising to 50% in January 2017 and to 60% in January 2018; i.e. for installations in which production starts from 2017 and onwards). Feedstock production also needs to comply with 6 principles. The ISCC audit addresses the following topics:
- Conservation (Biodiversity & Ecosystem Services) and land with high carbon stock
- Soil, water & air and the application of Good Agricultural Practices
- Working conditions
- Human, labour and land use rights. Responsible community relations.
- Good management practice
- Greenhouse gas emissions.
- Both the RSB and the ISCC standards comply to the EU RED directive.
Why certify to the ISCC certification systems?
Renewable energy is of global interest, and is significant in the efforts to reduce GHG emissions globally, to reduce and reverse global warming. Regulatory requirements and our own desire to prove our credentials to our customers drives us on to demonstrate that our process methods provide the most responsible and sustainable production techniques for biomass and biofuels.
Benefits of John Pointon and Son’s Sustainable Biofuels Certification
- Assurance to our customers that your products are responsibly produced.
- Market recognition as a leading player in the supply of raw materials for sustainable biofuels
- Proves compliance in accordance with our regulatory requirements (DEFRA & Environment Agency)
- Proves compliance with the EU Renewable Energy Directive (RED), thereby granting access to this market for our biomass/biofuels products
- Certification enables us to communicate credibly to the market regarding the sustainability of our biomass/biofuels products.