Health & Safety is a core value and at Advanced Proteins it is as important as all other business values.
Our aim is to ensure that we cause no harm to our employees, contractors or to the general public by providing a safe and healthy working environment.
The approach to health and safety will be based on the identification and control of risks.
To do so we will ensure we meet or exceed all legal and other requirements to which Advanced Proteins subscribes that are related to its operations,
With the implementation and maintenance of an Occupation Health and Safety Management System that is independently certified as compliant with BS OHSAS 18001:2007.
We will operate processes and undertake activities that are, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risk to health.
• Arrangements will be put into place for the effective planning, development, and review of this policy statement and the Health and Safety Manual.
• All necessary information, instruction, and training will be provided to employees and others, including temporary staff and visitors to ensure their competence with respect to health and safety.
• To provide resources, in the form of finance, equipment, personnel, and time to ensure satisfactory health and safety standards are maintained will be provided.
• To provide Competent specialist advice to support good decision making.
• Appropriate systems will be developed and maintained for the effective communication of health and safety matters throughout the organisation.
• Procedures will be established to ensure that safe equipment and plant are provided for employees and non-employees e.g. contractors, visitors and members of public who may visit the premises.
• We are committed to the prevention of major accidents and to the limitation of their consequences to persons, property and the environment.
• A system will be provided, to ensure that accidents and ‘near-misses’ are fully investigated and appropriate action taken to reduce the likelihood of their occurrence.
• We will ensure that the Occupational Health and Safety Objectives are set and reviewed to assist the business in striving for continual improvement.
• The elimination or the reduction in frequency of undesired incident(s). This includes a commitment to prevention of injury and ill health and continual improvement in OH&S management and OH&S performance.
• It is the responsibility of all employees to ensure that we meet these objectives.
• This Health and Safety Policy will be made available to all of our interested parties via the company web site.
The scope of our system is to cover the rendering of animal and food by-products received from the animal, food poultry and food processing industries. The provision of a transport management service for the collection of by-products, the distribution of finished products and general haulage. The supply of recycled by-products such as tallow to the Oleo chemical industry, meat and bone meal to the cement and pet food industries.
I give my support and commitment to the Corporate health and safety policy and to those who endeavor to achieve its objectives.
Position: Technical Director
Signed Date: January 2019